Healthcare Consultant – Operational Transformation
About Real World Health Operational Transformation (OT)
In OT, we help our health and social care clients deliver the best possible care with finite resources; always delivering a high return on investment through innovation, know-how and a passion for sustained improvement.
Our team is highly skilled at building consensus and client implementation capability. By our nature we are very analytical, we deploy complex flow and big data analytics to cast a light on care pathway dynamics and productivity. We combine this with process improvement methodologies and the soft skills to facilitate clinical practice change.
OT operates as the consulting & transformation branch of Real World Health. We are committed to building a diverse team who demonstrate passion, loyalty and enthusiasm in everything we do.
As a Consultant at RwHealth, you will be entrepreneurial and independent, with a sound background in business analysis. The successful candidate will be capable of fulfilling a number of functions, including:
- Forming productive and lasting working relationships with client teams, as we take a ‘one team’ approach to transformational change. The role requires the ability to relate to every level within an organisation.
- Using data in novel ways to effectively drive change, by developing bespoke analytical insights into healthcare systems.
- Combining data insights with a hypothesis-driven approach to identify the root cause of problems. We stress ‘triangulation’. This couples process walkthrough, staff interview and data analytics to establish a firm evidence-base and starting point for change.
- Carrying out best practice research to inform and support our recommendations, credibility is built with clients by showing a keen interest in their field and guiding them in understanding what good looks like.
- Building consensus for practice changes through effective communications and engagement with stakeholders. Overseeing changes in a controlled manner, such as through PDSA change cycles.
- Aiding the development of RwHealth solutions to address client challenges and supporting implementation. The latter will involve coaching or training client staff, as we seek to boost client transformation capability.
- Involvement in sales and marketing activities, such as case study development and client pitches.
We are looking for candidates with a strong academic record and 2+ years of experience in an analytical and/or consulting role, who can adapt to a diverse set of tasks and display the following attributes:
- Analytical and numerical ability – comfortable analysing, interpreting and contextualising data, and understanding complex processes. Experience in data modelling is highly beneficial, and PowerBI and DAX in particular would be useful, but evidence of analytical ability and potential is most important.
- Communication and presentation – ability to explain complex and intricate insights to both a technical and non-technical audience, in written and oral form.
- Fast learning – the NHS is a highly diverse organisation and candidates will be required to rapidly comprehend new environments.
- Confident and personable personality – fundamental to our approach is the ability to communicate effectively and engage with stakeholders throughout the organisation, to drive change and develop long lasting transformation partnerships.
- Independence of thought – RwHealth operates with small, expert teams and applicants will be trusted to work with a high-degree of autonomy and initiative.
- Proactivity and entrepreneurialism – there are often lots of opportunities within our clients’ organisations for improvement. Candidates will be expected to help identify and propose solutions to these issues.
- A focus on delivering value – the clients we work with often rely on us to provide critical guidance that directly affects the lives of real people. All the support we provide puts patients and clients first, and successful candidates will share this mentality.
Training will be provided on a tailored basis to support the successful applicant thrive as part of our growing team and develop the skills needed for more senior consultancy positions.
- This role would suit someone looking to work in a fast growing, dynamic envionment, that enjoys a diverse workload. Healthcare experience is beneficial but not essential, but analytical ability and a focus on delivering value to clients is imperative.
- This role offers a great opportunity to learn, develop and succeed in the field of healthcare consultancy, while growing with the organisation and contributing significantly to shaping the future of healthcare.
You may be required to travel to and work at NHS Trusts across the UK which may involve staying away from home.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthcare Consultant – Operational Transformation
£40k-£50k per annum plus statutory pension and discretionary bonus